maandag 15 december 2014

Sewing for Xmas

When I cycled in Amsterdam I was frightened by these man in white suits.  What was happening there? Why those white suits?????? Two other man in normal clothes were busy there too.  I did not feel safe. What is there in the ground not far from the house of my new born granddaughter?!  On my way back a few hours later, the man in white suits were still there and I saw they did not move!! Then I realised they are statues in a sculpture of the Amsterdam Light Festval. 

Toen ik deze week door Amsterdam fietste schrok ik van deze mannen in witte pakken die samen met twee andere mannen in gewone werkkleding bij een gat in de weg bezig waren. Wat was hier aan de hand? Waarom die witte pakken? Wat zit er in de grond vlak bij het huis van mijn pasgeboren kleindochter??!! Ik voelde me erg onbehaakglijk. Toen ik terug reed uren later, stonden de mannen er nog. In dezelfde houding en onbeweeglijk! Ik realiseerde me toen dat het beelden zijn in een sculptuur van het Amsterdam Licht Festival was!!!! Het was die middag neergezet.



Cardhouse

A sculpture above the river Amstel
It was a busy week, but I had some time to sew and made another hummingbird placemat. It is so fun to sew the irregular feathers!! The placemats were a gift for the mother of our daughter in law. She invited us for a dinner. She also invited three of het husbands brothers and wifes. We had a delicious dinner and enjoyed the company of this wonderfull family. We are happy that my husbands sun is part of this family.

Ik was druk van de week, maar had wel wat tijd om te naaien en heb nog een kolibri-placemat gemaakt. Het is zo leuk om deze onregelmatige veren te quilten. Het was een kado voor de moeder van onze schoondochter. Ze heeft ons samen met drie broers van haar man en hun vrouwen uitgenodigd.  Het was een heerlijk diner en we hebben genoten van het samenzijn met deze gezellige familie. Fijn dat mijn man's zoon hoort bij zo'n gezellige familie.




I had my Xmas fabrics on table. Time to sew some Xmas gifts.

Ik heb mijn kesrtstoffen te voorschijn gehaald. Ik heb nog tijd om wat kerstgeschenken te maken.

A Xmas gift for someone
The center of my art quilt: You!! I mad some more trapunto text. And collect the colors for the quilting.


It is so nice of you stopping by,  Feel free to leave a comment.
If you have a question I will try to respond by e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.
If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.
Heb je een vraag, dan wil ik die graag beantwoorden. Zorg dat je profiel gelinkt is aan je email, dan kan ik je bereiken.
Als je mij wilt bereiken, mail me dan naar: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Thanks so much for reading/dank je voor het lezen van mijn bericht.

Love from Amsterdam, keep quilting

Maartje











19 opmerkingen:

  1. Your place mats looks amazing as usual!! You are surrounded by many lucky friends ;) Thanks for linking up at MOP Monday and best wishes for the holidays!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The white men story made me smile. Sounds like you have some lovely people around you. Enjoy your Christmas sewing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. The light festival sounds fantastic! I love the Christmas tree placemats too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. The feather quilting in the hummingbird placemats is lovely!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. The story of the men in white made me laugh! That was so funny.

    Such beautiful place mats! A great hostess gift.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Those white suited men do look startling - LOL. Very pretty stitching Maartje!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thanks for Maartje you want to inspire and link to Show and Tell Monday !! Hugs from Bambi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Those lights look fabulous, your tree mini is cute too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I can imagine that the white suited men would have been alarming... how amusing that they were just statues. Made me laugh to hear

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. What fun photos! How fun! I am in love with your hummingbird placemats. So beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. How interesting! And I love that you are making hummingbird place mats, they are lovely!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. men in white suits! Startling! so much work in the placemats! awesome. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Dank je wel voor je reactie op mijn blog. Echt eng hoor, die witte mannen. Wat kun jij prachtig quilten!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. The statues look so real! Ahhh what a beautiful place the river Amstel is. And the quilting on the hummingbird placemats is superb.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. The hummingbird placemats are adorable. Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. The quilting on the hummingbird placemat is phenomenal.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Your quilting is beautiful. I love your Christmas trees!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Those men in white suits do look a bit suspicious, don't they? Love the hummingbird placemats, what a lovely gift to give and receive.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen