zondag 15 maart 2015

More elephants, elephant traces and circles

After spring weather it is a little bit cold in Amsterdam. Sunny weather, but I need a coat outside.
I made some elephants with fun fabric after my all gray elephants quilt. It will be the last quilts of elephants blocks, because after fifty elephants blocks, it is enough. I finished a small dolls quilt for a three years old birthday girl Sarah. I am thinking about what to do to pop up the name a little bit more. The orange flower was an idea of a granddaughter. I hope Sarah likes this color.

Jammer dat het na het mooie lentweer weer kouder is geworden. Buiten is nu weer een jas nodig.
Ik heb nog wat olifantenblokken gemaakt van lapjes uit mijn voorraad. Maar het zullen de laatste zijn, want ik heb er nu wel even genoeg van. Ik heb van de blokken een poppenquiltje gemaakt voor jarige Sarah. Natuurlijk met een zachte, rose fleece achterkant. Geen tussenvulling, want daarmee wordt een klein quiltje te stijf voor een poppendekentje. De oranje bloem is een iee van een kleindochter. Ik hoop dat Sarah dat ook een mooie kleur vindt.

A birthday quilt for a little girl.Of course pink!!
The back pink fleece and no batting to keep it soft and not too stiff.
I sew the top of another elephant parade quilt. I need to iron the sashing and I want to sandwich it today and quilt it this week with elephant pheet. Not at random, but parallel elephant traces across the top. The last blocks of the pile will be for a quilt for myself, to use for my youngest granddaughter Kate, when I take care of her.
Ik heb van de blokken een grote top genaaid. Ik moet de naden dan de randen nog plat strijken, maar ik wil het vandaag nog sandwichen. Van de week ga ik deze quilten met olifantenvoeten. Dit keer maak ik evenwijdige olifantensporen dwars over de quilt. De laatste blokken ga ik gebruiken voor een boxkleed voor Kate, wanneer ze bij mij is.

And another top to be quilted with elephant feet.
I need to rion the sashing strips.
The design for quilting. I will quilt one or two traces in opposite direction.
Some more flowers and birds to make the last elephant parade quilt.
As a teacher I was creative with materials for my lessons and I wrote lessons for other teachers. But as a scientist I do not feel I am very creative with my quilts. Choosing fabrics, colors and designing quilts. I admire for instance Lorna of the Elephantparade for being so creative. I want to train my creativity with colors and fabrics and bought this book a few weeks ago. I will make sketchbooks with small quilts and use the inspiration of this book and the Sketchbook website. The first theme to explore is circles. I am collecting already pictures for inspiration.  I will make ten miniquilts with this circle  theme and look what the result is,

Als leraar was ik creatief in het bedenken van lessen en lessenseries en schreef ook lessen voor andere docenten. ik vind mijzelf niet creatief als het om tekenen, lapjes, kleuren en quilts gaat. I vind het bijvoorbeeld geweldig wat Lorna van 'De olifantenparade' doet en vind haar quilts creatief en origineel. Ik probeer mijn creativiteit te trainen en heb daarvoor dit boek gekocht. Met de opdrachten en thema's uit dit boek en de website ga ik zelf schetsboeken maken van miniquiltjes. Zonder patronen, maar geinspireerd door het boek en de website. Het eerste thema is het thema 'cirkel'. Kijken of  deze quiltjes iets origineels, eigens opleveren.

http://sketchbookchallenge.blogspot.nl/
First page of my sketchbook. I finish the vertical lines tonight.
 Hope the last circel page is better.

It is so nice of you stopping by,  Feel free to leave a comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.

Thanks so much for reading/dank je voor het lezen van mijn bericht.

Love from Amsterdam and keep quilting

Maartje


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten