maandag 23 maart 2015

First fmq sketchbook page: theme circles

Eerste pagina van mijn schetsboek: thema cirkels

I basted my almost last elephant parade quilt and it is ready to be quilted with elephant traces. Now it is really time for free motion quilting. I challenged myself to make sketchbooks with fmq pages. I will explore different themes. I was trying for weeks circles on white cotton, but everything looks dull. The same thing I experienced when I was at school and I had to draw on an big, empty white sheet of paper!!!! No inspiration at all. Yesterday I changed the color of the paper/cotton: black. I bought months ago 5 yards of black cotton and I sandwiched some samplers/sketchbook pages  (18 inch x 18 inch). While we were babysitting sleeping grandchildren I took some red and orange yarn and started free motion quilting. I just finished the first page of my sketchbook. I do not need to be satisfied, because it is the first attempt. I am curious to see my next pages espicially the last ones.

Mij bijna laatste olifantenparade quilt wacht om te worden gequilt met olifantenpoten.  Ik wil een 'schetsboek' maken met free motion quilting pagina's rond verschillende thema's. Het eerste thema is cirkels. Ik ben al weken bezig met witte katoenen proefquiltjes. Maar net als vroeger op school met de grote witte tekenvellen voor me, ontbreekt elke inspiratie. Gisteren heb ik besloten met zwart te beginnen. Ik heb maanden terug 5 m zwarte katoen gekocht. Daarvan heb ik nu een paar sandwiches gemaakt (40 cm x 40 cm) voor mijn schetsboek. Terwijl de kleinkinderen op bed lagen te slapen heb ik rode en oranje garens genomen en de machine aangezet. Ik heb net de eerste pagina af. Ik hoef niet tevreden te zijn, want het eerst slechts mijn eerste poging. Ik ben benieuwd hoe de andere pagina's eruit gaan zien.



First page, theme circles

detail

The back: all black!!!
My Husqvarna Sapphire 875Q is sewing so well. Tension problems are all solved. I sewed with black yarn in the bobbin and the back is all black!!!

Mijn Husqvarna Sapphire 875Q loop weer als een zonnetje. Ik heb genaaid met zwart garen in de spoel en de achterkant is helemaal zwart, zoals het hoort!!!!


It is so nice of you stopping by,  Feel free to leave a comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.

Thanks so much for reading/dank je voor het lezen van mijn bericht.

Love from Amsterdam and keep quilting

Maartje

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten