maandag 5 januari 2015

The first days in 2015

Tomorrow it is back to normal. Just another monday, just another week. We had happy, busy days with family and all the grandchildren. A canaltrip with the two eldest girls to see all the objects of the Amsterdam light fetival and we went to the movie. So fun to be with the two girls together. They have the age to quarrel and be best friends within five minutes again. Kate, our youngest granddaughter was with us new years eve. Six weeks old! She had a cold and abdominal cramps, so I did not dare to sleep. It was so special to take care of such a little grandchild.

Morgen begint had gewone leven weer. Een gewone maandag, een gewone week. We hebben fijne, drukke dagen gehad met onze familie en alle kleinkinderen. Een rondvaart langs het licht festival en naar een film in Eye met de twee oudste meidjes. Het is zo leuk met die twee meidjes samen. Ze hebben de leeftijd om binnen vijf minuten ruzie te hebben en weer elkaars beste vriendinnetje te zijn!   Kate. onze jongste kleindochter van zes weken was bij ons met oud en nieuw. Ze was verkouden en had last van krampen. Ik dorst nauwelijks te slapen! Maar het was heel speciaal om voor haar te mogen zorgen.

For everybody who could not visit Amsterdam during the light festival a few pictures. Amsterdam with the canals is such a beautiful city for a light festival.

Voor iedereen die niet naar Amsterdam kon komen met het lichtfestival een paar foto's. Met alle grachten zijn de lichtobjecten zo mooi!!!!

'Ghost ship':A 3d ship projected in curtains of water



Interactive butterfleis







There is a map with a city map with a link to more information and pictures of the light festival (of course in Dutch and English) http://www.amsterdamlightfestival.com/live/

Last week I did not sew a lot, but I had a fun day dyeing fabric. I wanted rainbow colors, but I think I used to much red and bleu dye powder. So the colors were to dark. I had to try again with far less dye powder.I want to have more green and orange fabrics, and less intensive colors.

Van de week heb ik heel weinig genaaid, maar ik heb wel katoen geverfd. Ik denk dat ik teveel blauw en rood heb gebruikt. Ik heb nauwelijks oranje en groene lappen. Ik moet ht weer eens proberen met veel minder verf.


Inreal the colos are lighter and there is more red.

The only thing I sew was a miniquilt. I saw a beautiful tabletopper like this on the blog of Free motion by the River.There was no pattern so I drwaw my own pattern. I used 'parfait dyed'' fabric. The quilting is just some stitch in the ditch. I was happy with my piecing. But it is not perfect at all. So I decided to make some of these mini quilts next week, just to practice piecing. This block cost me five hours to finish. Hope the last one is much quicker.

Het enige dat ik heb gemaakt is een mini quiltje van een lap die ik vorige week geverfd hebt. Ik had een mooi voorbeeld gezien op de blog van Free motion by the River. Ik vond geen patroon dus heb ik het patroon zelf uitgetekend en uitgewerkt.  Ik wil een paar van deze miniquiltjes maken van verschillende lappen die ik heb gekregen met 'parfait verven'. Gewoon om het maken van blokken te oefenen. Dit blok koste me vijf uur!!! Ik hoop dat de laatste veel sneller gaat.


It is so nice of you stopping by,  Feel free to leave a comment.
If you have a question I will try to respond by e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.
If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.
Heb je een vraag, dan wil ik die graag beantwoorden. Zorg dat je profiel gelinkt is aan je email, dan kan ik je bereiken.
Als je mij wilt bereiken, mail me dan naar: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Thanks so much for reading/dank je voor het lezen van mijn bericht.

Love from Amsterdam, keep quilting

Maartje

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten