maandag 6 oktober 2014

Shop closed/winkel dicht



All these fat quarters for 1 euro each!









Some multicolor metal thraed!


I prefer shopping for my quilting and sewing in shops and markets. There was a excellent quiltshp with so friendly owners 10 minutes biking away from my house, but it closed a year ago. In Amsterdam are two quilt shops left, where I can buy almost anythin. The Birdblocks  and of course I can go to the famous Albert Cuyo streetmarket. But my whole live I shopped for haberdashery in a small very old shop in Hilversum, a place in the neighbourhood where a lived almost my whole live. When I visit my daughter who lives in Hilversum, we almost go every time to that shop in a very old buuilding. We have shopped for the last time there. It is closed too. For the last time, my daughter found some beautiful soft color fat quaters for me and I bought some thread for graffitty.
I had to shop on the Internet more and more. I understand that more and more shops close, but shopping is less and less fun.

Ik koop mijn naaispulletjes graag in winkels of op de Albert Cuyp. Helaas gaat het fourniturenwinkeltje in het centrum van Hilversum dicht. Het was in rommelwinkeltje in een kaal pand, maar oh zo gezellig en ze hadden van alles. Zo jammer ik kocht er al spulletjes toen de kinderen klein waren. Dat heerlijke quiltwinkeltje de Bricoleur in Tuindorp Oostzaan is ook al dicht! Het is handig om van alles op Internet te kopen, maar het winkelen wordt niet gezelliger.
Mijn dochter heeft nog wat leuke fat quarters voor me uitgezocht en samen met het metallic garen was dat mijn laatste aankoop.







My eldest daughter is a teacher at a school for mentaly disabled children. She is very busy with less spare time. So Wednesday on her free day I went with my granddoughter to the swimmingpool, so my daughterr had some time to spent as she likes. I hate swimming but I was the activity my granddaughter want the most. We went to the shop to buy a swimmingsuit and of course it had to be a pink one! We went to a small swimmingpool and we were the only swimmers! I loved to swim again with my granddaughter and she was so sweet and happy in the swimmingpool. A lot of joy for both of us. I have always been a working mom and  was not longing for grandchildren. But now I have grandchildren, I am surprised it is such a joy to play with them! I feeled the baby in the stomach of my youngest daughter and I had already the same feeling.  I can not wait till it is born. Het VW-babywall hanging is finished. 


Our youngest granddaughter/ Onze jongste kleindochter



Omdat mijn dochter die op een school met minderbegaafde leerlingen werkt, het ontzettend druk heeft, ben ik woensdagmiddag met mijn kleindochter naar het zwembad geweest. Heeft mijn dochter  een middagje voor zichzelf. Eerst zijn we naar de winkel gegaan om een badpak te kopen. Mijn kleindochter koos natuurlijk een rose badpak voor me uit! Ik heb in 30 jaar niet gezwommen en eerlijk gezegd vond ik tot woensdag zwemmen vreselijk, maar wat hebben we genoten allebei! Het zei me niets oma zijn toen ik nog werkte, ik wilde geen oppasoma worden. Wat zat ik ernaast, ik geniet ervan. Van de week voelde ik de kleine bewegen in de buik van mijn andere dochter. Ik kan niet wachten tot dat kleintje er is!  

I had a class fabric dyeing. The teacher is an talented art quilter: Wil Opio Oguta. You must visit her site to see her beautiful art quilts. She dyes all het fabrics! I have a lot of colored fat quarters: rainbow colors and shades of green. The piece of cotton colored with the left over dye solution is so beautiful! Next weekend I plan to dye myself. I will certainly have more classes, Wil can teach me a lot.

Ik heb een geweldige workshop textielverven gehad van Wil Opio Oguta, die zelf prachtige art quilts maakt en daarvoor al haar textiel verft. Ik heb nu een stapel gekleurde fat quarters.: regenboog kleuren en tinten groen. Het stuk katoen dat geverfd is met de restjes veerfoplossing is het mooiste geworden! Volgende week ga ik zelf verven en ik ga zeker meer cursussen volgen bij Wil. Ze kan me veel leren.


Shades of green and colorwheel pieces. I think I used to much bleu and red en to little yellow. I have to do it again.

The bonus piece: made of the left over dye solutions. Isn't it bautiful?



Ik ben er ook nog in geslaagd deze week te quilten. Twee samplers met graffitty en de VW-bus wandquilt is af. Van de week nog hangt deze aan de muur in de babykamer bij mijn dochter.


I have problems with my thread tension, so I have to bring my machine to the dealer.
My grandson Guus modelling!/Kleinzoon Guus als model!

Just some ironing and than the VW-bus is ready for the wall of another grandchild. My daughter did not want me to quilt it.

This container is standing in front of our home. The renovation of the bathroom and toilet started this week. A lot of dust in the house and I could not find my make up anywhere. Untill I decided to put the laundry in the machine. Hurray, of course on the washing machine!! I have some color on my face again!

Deze container staat voor ons huis. Dat betekent dat de verbouwing van de badkamer en toilet is begonnen. Veel stof in huis en ik kon mijn make up nergens vinden. Toen ik de was in de wasmachine stopte vond ik het terug. Natuurlijk op wasmachine! Ik kan nu weer naar buiten met wat kleur op mijn gezicht.


It is so nice of you stopping by, I love to hear from everyone of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.
If you have a question I will try and respond by e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.
If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.
Heb je een vraag, dan wil ik die graag beantwoorden. Zorg dat je profiel gelinkt is aan je email, dan kan ik je bereiken.
Als je mij wilt bereiken, mail me dan naar: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Thanks so much for reading/dank je voor het lezen van mijn bericht.

Love from Amsterdam, keep quilting

Maartje


26 opmerkingen:

  1. I agree about the shops - there is nothing like a proper haberdashers anywhere near me now and it is such a shame they have all gone. I am loving the graffiti flowers - think this technique is looking better and better.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The VW bus is awesome! Dying fabric is definitely on my to do list. I am sorry to hear about your tension problems. I hope you a find a solution soon.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. So many fun things going on in your world, but I like the sweet memories of your family you share the most!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi Maartje, I love reading about your family. I cannot wait to have grandchildren. None so far! The VW quilt is adorable. So glad that you found your make up. How fortunate that you didn't start the washing machine. Could have been a big mess!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Such a cute quilt! My neighbor use to have one just that color. Thanks for sharing, Maartje.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. hi Maartje, your graffity quilt is just awesome. since some weeks I follow your blog with great pleasure and I'm glad, that I can leave a comment as anonym. greetings from Switzerland, Trix

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. The VW quilt is so cute! When I was a kid, I just *loved* those vans. And I'm jealous that you're getting your bathroom redone. ours needs it terribly, but it will be 2 more years before we can afford it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. De quilt van de VW bus is erg mooi!! Ik ben amerikaans, maar mijn maan is nederlands. Ik ben blij dat ik een nederlandse quilter gevonden heb.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I love my shop here in Stuttgart and I am really afraid if she will have to clise because of her age. The fabrics she solds are ao beautiful and just my fabrics I like to buy.
    The VW-bus is really beautiful and I will make a pillow of this pattern for christmas for my dad.
    Greetings, Rike

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I love my shop here in Stuttgart and I am really afraid if she will have to clise because of her age. The fabrics she solds are ao beautiful and just my fabrics I like to buy.
    The VW-bus is really beautiful and I will make a pillow of this pattern for christmas for my dad.
    Greetings, Rike

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. There is a lot going on in your place. Your projects are lovely and creative.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. I, too, agree with you on shopping in stores rather than online. I miss wandering the aisles of fabric so much, and you can't feel the fabric when you shop online. Same thing with yarn!

    I love your dyeing and can't wait to see what more you do with your fabric!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Maria, I had no idea that you were Maartje. You should have told me!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog - and now I get to come to your blog and meet you! Yea! Your VW quilt is too cute, as is your grandson! Oh do I feel for you - re-doing your bathroom. I hope it's quick! I'm sure you will love it when it's finished.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. You just gotta love that van quilt!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Maartje, I love your VW bug quilt! So iconic! Your granddaughter is adorable -- it must be so nice to spend that time with her!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. I love your VW quilt. I drive a GTI now and there have been many in my family, from my parents to my son. Sorry to hear about your shop. I try to buy local first too. The online shops have the best stuff but there is something nice about being able to touch and visually compare.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Goodness! Your granddaughter is adorable! Your quilting is just fabulous and I love the VW.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. This bus is so cute but the grandchildren are even cuter. I know what you mean about the grandkids....when they first come it is amazing how we feel as new grandparents and they are such a joy! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. What fun it was to see your life! Sorry about the store closing, that's sad... Hand dyes are so much fun, you'll be addicted to it. But it is a lot of work to wash out the excess dyes, to me. Good luck on the bathroom, it will be a mess for a while
    LeeAnna from not afraid of color lapaylor.blogspot.com
    (visiting THIS time from MollieSparkles)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. Your grandkids look like fun children. The dyed fabric and graffiti quilting is beautiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. Love your post, bummer about the local shops closing and I have heard that grandkids are more fun than your own kids, so enjoy :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen