maandag 27 oktober 2014

A bathroom again but no coffeebeans!

After three weeks of dust we have a toilet again! We hope that wednesday everything is finished. Just before my birthday. We need still to to buy some accesories and we wait for shelfs in a alcove, but we can take a shower at home again. Hurray!!!! We had a lot of luck with the craftsman, They were all very skilled, helpfull.and friendly.

Na drie weken hebben we een badkamer en toilet! We moeten nog wat accesoires kopen en wachten nog een paar weken op planken voor in een nis en onder de wasbakken. Maar we kunnen weer thuis douchen. Hoera!!!! We hebben zo'n geluk gehad met de vaklui. Ze waren goed in hun werk, behulpzaam en vriendelijk.

I gave my daughter the VW-van play quilt. My daughter and grandson keep the gender of the baby a sercret. But when you order a VW-van wall quilt and a VW van play quilt, I cannot help thinking my next grandchild will be a boy too!!! My daughter dislikes quilting on a quilttop. So I did stitching in the ditch around parts of the van and the zebra crossing, but the white surfaces were too big to leave it without quilting. Thats why I stitched some traffic signs in stead of quilting.
This week I will make another VW van play quilt for a friend who will be the proud father of a sun soon. Than I will quilt the quilt with meandering and small traffic signs.

I heb mijn dochter de VW-van play quilt gegeven. Zij en haar man willen niet zeggen of hun kind een jongen of meisje wordt. Maar als je een VW-bus-wandkleed en VW-bus-boxkleed vraagt, dan denk ik dat we er nog een kleinzoon bijkrijgen. Mijn dochter wil niet dat een quilt gequilt wordt!!! Daarom heb ik langs de apllicaties van de bussen en zabrapad gestikt. De witte vlakken zijn te groot om niet te quilt, dus heb ik er verkeersborden in gestikt.
 Ik ga van de week nog een VW-bus boxkleed maken voor een goede vriend die ook snel een zoon krijgt. Dan ga ik wel quilten. Meanderen met kleine verkeersborden.


This is what my daughter prefers.
But to secure the thick batting of Dutch wool I stitched in the ditch and made some traffic signs .

Dutch wool of the Isle Texel.
Very soft back.

Waiting for the baby

 I had tried another sampler with fmq just for fun. I will make four coffee placemats with fmq. I have been busy for hours to sew some coffeebeans and had major tension issues. I had to bring my sewing machine back to the shop. Problem is, they will fix it in more than two weeks!!!!! I must borrow my old sewing machine from my daughter. Two weeks without my machine is impossible.

 Ik heb nog geprobeerd een proeflap te maken, gewoon voor de lol. Ik wilde zo vier koffie-placemats maken. Ik ben uren bezig geweest om wat koffiebonen te naaien, maar het lukte niet met mijn machine. Ik heb van alles geprobeerd, maar het lukte niet om gewoon te stikken. Als ik de machine terugbreng naar de winkel duurt het meer dan twee weken voor ik de machine terugkrijg!!!! Dan mijn mijn oude machine van mijn dochter even terugvragen. Twee weken zonder naaimachine kan niet!!
It looks reasonable ..............
But the back shows major tension isseus! It costs me hours and all for nothing. But I did not like the design after all on this black cotton.

It is better not to sew for a few days. I had to start  cleaning the house with all the dust of the renovation. At first I tried to clean up every day, but that was depressing. I think one day 'making me angry' (a Dutch expression) will be enough to finish the job: a clean, tidy home with no dust on the shells! Than I had to prepare for my birthday. I will have a party for the first time in years.
When my machine is back, I am thinking of a 30 x 30 inch whole cloth with graffitty quilting. Big letters in the middle. That will be fun.

Het is ook beter even niet te naaien. Het huis moet nog worden schoongemaakt en opgeruimd na de verbuwing. In het begin van de verbouwing ruimde ik elke dag op, maar dat was een hopeloze zaak. Ik denk dat als ik me een dag flink kwaad maak, alle rommel opgeruimd is en alles in huis stofvrij, opgeruimd en schoon.
Als mijn machine terug is, wil ik gaan een whole cloth quilten van 70 x 70 cm. Grote graffitti letters in het midden. Daar zal ik veel plezier mee hebben.

The dealer for my Husqvarna Sapphire 875Q sewing  machine. They have now  three shops full with sewing machines.
Every time I visit this store, there is someone buying a sewing mahine! 

It is so nice of you stopping by,  Feel free to leave a comment.
If you have a question I will try to respond by e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.
If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.
Heb je een vraag, dan wil ik die graag beantwoorden. Zorg dat je profiel gelinkt is aan je email, dan kan ik je bereiken.
Als je mij wilt bereiken, mail me dan naar: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Thanks so much for reading/dank je voor het lezen van mijn bericht.

Love from Amsterdam, keep quilting

Maartje

6 opmerkingen:

  1. So glad you have a working toilet...and just in time for a birthday party! Happy Early Birthday! Love the VW Bus crib quilt and I hope you get your machine back soon. I want to see more coffee beans!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Always nice to have a working toilet, but no fun at all without sewing machine. Poor you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a fun idea with coffeebeans. I hope you get back to it as it looks interesting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Beautiful work, love the black with the coffee beans, can't be without a sewing machine, I would be having withdrawals.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. My favorite picture is of the finished quilt in the crib...just made my heart smile!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Good morning Maartje!

    Such lovely pictures, despite your frustrating week. Your coffee beans look great, with the variegated shade looking like light shining on a pile of freshly roasted beans.

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    Love from England, Muv

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen